As included in the newsletter, please note the following in terms of traffic management over the December 2014 Builders’ Holiday:
– A stop-go system will not be in place during the holiday season (from the end of November 2014 until the end of January 2015).
– A temporary surface has been provided between School Road and Canty Bay and the road was opened to two way traffic on 28th November 2015 and will remain open to two-way traffic until 2nd February 2015.
– The Atlantic Road and Main Road intersection will no longer operate as a 4-way until 1st February 2015. The traffic signals at the Atlantic Road intersection were activated on 1st December and will remain in this mode until 1st February 2015. Thus, Main Road between Muizenberg and Fish Hoek will be two-way for the holiday season.
– Martin & East will suspend construction for the builders’ holidays on Friday, 12 December 2014 and will resume with their construction works on Monday, 2nd February 2015.
– Main Road will remain open to two-way traffic until the 2 February 2015 where after the temporary 4-way and stop-go will be in place until the completion of the northern section of Phase 3, anticipated to be in May 2015.
– Parking areas will be cleaned and made accessible for holiday use.
Chand Environmental Consultants