APPLICATIONS FOR WARD PROJECTS AND GRANT-IN-AID FUNDING 2011/2012: SOUTH PENINSULA SUBCOUNCIL (19)
South Peninsula Subcouncil invites submissions for the financial year commencing July 2010 from organizations in the following Wards:
- Ward 61: Part of Fish Hoek, Glencairn, Simon’s Town, Da Gama Park, Kommetjie, Ocean View, Red Hill, Scarborough and Sun Valley
- Ward 64: Muizenberg, Lakeside, Part of Kalk Bay, St James, Coniston Park, Vrygrond, Sea Winds, Hillview & Marina da Gama
- Ward 69: Part of Fish Hoek, Noordhoek, Clovelly, Part of Kalk Bay, Masiphumelele and Peers Hill
Proposals should be made on the official application form with a covering letter on an official letterhead, specifying details of the project including its purpose, location, anticipated cost and desired implementation time frame.
Operating budget proposals must also be for municipal responsibilities and not lead to ongoing commitments.
Capital Project proposals must be confined to municipal responsibilities such as the constructions of play parks, recreation facilities and other projects aimed at improving community standards. Proposals should not, be submitted for educational or housing developments, as these are National Government responsibilities.
Applications for grant-in-aid funding are also invited, which must be made on the official application form with an accompanying letter on a letterhead, including the following details:
- date established
- type of organization (NPO, Section 21 Company, Trust, Community Org.)
- details of previous funding by the City
- details of other funding received from other sources for the current financial year
- purpose or aim of grant
- detailed description of project to be implemented utilizing the funding
- detailed breakdown of project costs
The following are some of the criteria for grant-in-aid funding:
- NPO number, in the case of non-profit organizations
- A signed undertaking to provide the City with regular progress reports
- Applications from previously funded organizations will only be considered once the final report on previously funded projects has been received
- The project should support the strategies of the City of Cape Town
- Completion of Vendor Forms
Please address completed applications, with supporting documentation for grants-in-aid, by no later than Friday, 9 September 2010 to:
The Subcouncil Manager (Mrs Desiree Mentor)
South Peninsula Subcouncil
Fish Hoek Administrative Office
Fish Hoek (E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
7975 Fax No. 0217842039
All applications for grants-in-aid will be assessed in accordance with the Grant-in-Aid Policy and must conform to the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003.