If you love animals why not spend Mandela Day at the SPCA in Plumstead?
You’ll find 27 things to do (one for each year Madiba spent in prison) at our SPCA on Mandela Day. And because July 18 falls on a Saturday this year, we’re inviting you to spend your 67 minutes making life better for our furry friends on either Friday 17 OR Saturday 18 July.
Put your your energy, enthusiasm, skills and love of animals to work between the hours of 8.30am-12.30pm on either day. Please bring your own tools/equipment to help:
1. Repair holes in the ceiling (hospital)
2. Repair/replace doors (hospital)
3. Repair/replace door handles (hospital)
4. Repair drawer runners in kitchen (hospital)
5. Sand and varnish bench in garden
6. Paint a ward (hospital)
7. Fit shelving in storeroom (hospital)
8. Replace tap washers (hospital)
9. Increase the height of the drip wires in all 4 isolation wards (hospital)
10. Replace missing latches on windows in Isolation ward (hospital)
11. Sand and varnish window frames (hospital)
12. Repair outside cage doors to runs (hospital)
13. Repair door and window frames
14. Erect rain shields
15. Add extra latches to cages
16. Clean pens
17. Clean kennels and cages
18. Clean storerooms
19. Clean paddocks
20. Clean farmyard
21. Clean cattery
22. Walk dogs
23. Groom dogs
24. Supply indigenous reeds, plants and shrubs to green the swale of our new Animal Centre
25. Change the world with your small change
- We’re challenging corporates, retail chains and schools to fill 67 collection tins on Mandela Day!
The small change in your pocket or purse can make a big difference to animals in distress! These unique CANS may be collected from our vet shop at 6 Gabriel Road Plumstead or contact contact Natasha on 021 700-4155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Donate pet food
27. Donate R67, R167, R267 or more!
- If you can’t give your time, then please consider giving your cash towards our work with animals.
Your donation, made right now online, will help keep our Inspectors on the road, stock our veterinary clinic with life-saving medicines and equipment, and feed and shelter animals in distress.
Thank you so much!
Chief Executive Officer