Sinethemba Special Care Centre is the main project of Fish Hoek – Kommetjie – Noordhoek Welfare Association (FHKNWA). FHKNWA focuses on working with people with special needs in the Simon’s Town Magisterial District, specifically in Masiphumelele and Ocean View. The area also incorporates Simon’s town, Red Hill, Scarborough, Kommetjie, Sunnydale, Glencairn, Noordhoek and Fish Hoek.
Sinethemba Special Care Centre is a day care centre in Masiphumelele, providing care for children with severe and profound special needs.
Sinethemba Special Care Centre and the Association offer:
• Day Care for children with special needs
• Recreational activities
• Public Education towards inclusion
• Community outreach
• Creative Stimulation Programmes
• Transport to and from Sinethemba Special Care Centre for children enrolled at Sinethemba
• Adult and youth groups with special needs
• Transference of care skills
• Exercise, Occupational Therapists