Fish Hoek library will be closed for training from Monday 21 February to Saturday 26 February for training on the new library computer system Brocade.
It re-opens Monday 28 February at 09h30.
Cape Town libraries are migrating to Brocade and we look forward to the benefits of having all 103 libraries on one system.
BROCADE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- What is Brocade?
- A new library operating system for all City of Cape Town libraries
- How does it affect me, the patron?
- FSH library will be closed Monday 21 February to Saturday 26 February for staff training. Library will re-open Monday 28 February using new system.
- What must I do?
- Library members should check that their membership details are up to date and correct. Cell phone numbers and email addresses should be added to record.
- Why cell phone and email details?
- Reminders and notices will be sent electronically in future.
- Will the new system be better, faster, perfect?
- Staff will find out when they go for training; we hope members will be patient while we learn the new ways.
- Will we be able to borrow more items?
- We know that you will be able to borrow maximum 12 items including two DVDs.
- How will this affect the internet/SmartCape?
- The two systems are not connected so SmartCape is not affected.